Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Goals(Alex Song)

When people have their aims, they are motivated to do their best. Therefore, it is a good idea to create personal ambitions to live life fully. Personally, I prefer to make a yearly plan to achieve my dreams. Now, I have two goals, which are becoming a banker and getting into a good business school. There are several reasons why I want to achieve these goals in the future.

First my goal is to get a good job in the near future. I would like to be a banker in a global bank. However, it is very difficult to get a good job in Korea these days. Therefore, it is necessary to do my best to prepare qualifications that a bank requires. For example, I need to study hard in my university to get good marks. The good marks can show the bank that I’m serious and hard working. However, this is not only requirement that I need to prepare. In order to work for a global bank, speaking English is a basic skill to communicate with people from different countries. To learn English speaking, I’m studying English in Canada. This is very good way to learn English in a short period of time.

Second my dream is to study at a business school in America. There are a lot of business schools, which provide a good educational background in the US. Seventy percent of good business schools are in America. In addition, if I study in the States, I can also meet many people who have more varied backgrounds than if I study in Korea. Studying with them can be a very interesting experience because of their different modes of thinking and cultures.

Being actively involved in the accomplishment of my dream is not easy; however, this will allow me great achievements in the future. When I visualize becoming a banker and studying at the business school, I feel that I can do whatever it takes to achieve those purposes. Having a couple of ambitions is provides the necessary motivation to live a life close to my ideals.

1 comment:

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

I'm sure you are going to make an excellent banker. What a great career choice.

Susan