Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Goals

Nowadays, many people are pursuing their goals and dreams, so am I. I had many dreams, when I was young. Now I have two relevant goals. One is to have a good job; another is to travel around the world.
In my opinion, to get a suitable job is one of the most important things in my life. If I can get my ideal job, my life will be wonderful. My ideal job is to be an Economics teacher. That is why I chose Economics as my major when I was in university. My study area was international economy and trade. I find it is very interesting; I can use what I learned to predict market changes. That is amazing. When I did a presentation for my classmates and professor, I won praise. I found I have a talent for teaching and speaking. However, to be a teacher is not an easy thing, especially an Economics teacher. I have to learn the skill of teaching; furthermore, I have to expand my knowledge of Economics.
Another aim is to travel around the world. When I was an adolescent, I dreamed that one day I could travel around the world by ship. I like reading tourism books. When I read one, I am really excited. I want to go to Maldives, to see the awesome seashore and beautiful beaches, and to have experience about scuba diving; I want to go to Canada, to see the adorable polar bears and the great Niagara Falls. Traveling not only provides relaxation, but also broadens our experience and proliferates our knowledge.
To sum up, getting an ideal job and traveling around the world are important aims and dreams for me. I will do my best to achieve my goals, because it can make a difference in my life and make me feel wonderful.
xi joyce

2 comments:

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

Travelling is a completely worthwhile goal. I hope you have the opportunity to travel extensively. If you don't want to be a teacher, then what is it that you really want to be?

Susan

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

well. :)i want to work in the bank or manage my restaurant,make enough money to rear my baby. i wanna have 2 or three children,take care of them well send them go to an excellent school, cook delicious food for them and my husband ,teach them how to play piao,look at them grow up. when they do not need me to take care of them i want to travel,teach,write novel then learning some thing that i want to learn when i was young such as drawing,kongfu....haha....