Thursday, January 10, 2008

My goals

People have their own dreams in their minds. Although individuals have different aspirations, they work hard to accomplish their aims. Like others, I have my own dreams which are to buy a house and a car within two to five years.
My first dream is to buy a car within two years. Despite the fact that Vancouver has a convenient public transportation system, it is stressful to search bus schedules, and look for bus routes when I go somewhere. Also, in order to take a bus or sky train, I have to waste time on the roads to get to the bus stops, and sky-train stations. However, I can go anywhere at anytime if I have my own car. I do not need to look for bus schedules, and I can readily go some places where there are not working public transportation systems. For these reasons, I would like to buy a car. Although I need to get a job to pay the upkeep of the car, such as insurance, and gas, I can accomplish my aim if I work hard.
Another purpose is to buy a house within four years. In Vancouver, apartment rental fees are very expensive. Also, I cannot decorate my rented apartment without a notice to the owner or manager of the apartment; for example, I can’t change the color on the walls, and I can’t hammer any nails into the walls. Because of these reasons, my second aim is to buy a house in Vancouver. I can decorate my house however I want and I do not need to act according to the landlord’s policy. However, in order to buy my own house, I first need to get a high income job in Vancouver, and I have to work hard to save money.
In brief, my two major aims are to buy my own car, and house. These two goals encourage me to work hard. These aims are currently beyond my reach, but I believe that I can accomplish my goals in five years.

1 comment:

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

Your goals sound really great. I would love to have a Volkswagen Beetle as well. What colour would you like?

Susan