Thursday, January 17, 2008

About Myself


My name is Bomi Noh and my English name is Jenny. I'm from South Korea.
I graduated from university majoring in Fine Arts. That major was a fantastic experience in my life for a few reasons. Firstly, doing activities in art made me feel unprecedented contentment in my life. I experienced a state of being with freedom in my way of thinking between the real world and the imagination on world. I had a hard time completing my works but when I did, and I felt a record accomplishment afterwards. Secondly, the period of being in art helped me understand other people better. When I was in third year of university, I started producing videos related to Modern Arts and got a chance to make documentaries about people. I met a lot of different individually in the process. I heard about their lives, their suffering and their ways of conquering their hardships. These experiences had a huge influence on me and got me to change my attitude from passive to more positive in terms of understanding other people. After graduating, I worked in an art gallery as a curator for a year, and in between I continued my art work. I had three art exhibitions and my works got favorable criticism by art critics. I was so happy that I felt this time was the high point of my life. I also liked studying English. Initially, I studied English to graduate from my university. However, I found I really enjoyed English not only to get the required score, but also as a language itself. The desire for learning English surged through me and I decided to study English more in depth. I got a job 2 years ago as an English teacher. While teaching, I was satisfied with my work because I could not only study English, but also could have fun with my students all the time. In addition, I really loved spending time preparing for my classes and felt happy that I could help my students improve their English more. Teaching English and studying English are somewhat different, but I felt I needed to improve my English so that I could teach English to students in the right way. Therefore, I decided to come to Canada to learn more. As for my free time activities, I enjoy doing exercise, especially, I like going to the gym where I can work out and jog. I feel better afterwards and it must be good for my health and studies. Sometimes, I draw things like landscapes or portraits. These activities also make me happy. In the future, whatever I do, whatever I think, I hope I am satisfied with myself and my career. That will be happen, for sure!

3 comments:

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

Your Korean name is Bomi! I am sure that you will achive your goal and get self-satisfaction soon~~

-Eun Jin

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

very nice to meet you hope you wiil achieve your goals. joyce

iBT TOEFL Intensive 2007 said...

I think it is so cool that you do art and have studied fine art in school. I'm wondering about the documentaries you made and would like to know the subject matter. You mention something about overcoming obstacles. This is a very interesting topic. I like making videos as well. It's a very exciting and rewarding line of work. It is so awesome that you got favorable comments from art critics. Your work must be really good.